There are about 12,000 types of ants found in this globe; of them, nearly 186 species exist in Canada. Carpenter, pharaoh, black ants, thief, and odorous house are some of the common species that live in Canadian homes.
Ant can be small in size, but they are another major pest problem. They can grow in numbers rapidly and damage the foundation of your house also. If you don’t take adequate steps on time, you may have to repent later.
Ant Problem? Look How to Get Rid of them Quickly
The step to exterminate them from your cozy nest begins with in-house products first. You get different types of insect repellents in the market, ranging from chemical sprays to non-chemical solutions and chemicals for barrier treatment.
Diatomaceous earth and gum resin are some of the natural products that can stop them from entering your house. Additionally, here are a few tips that you can employ to free your home of these little pests.
Ant Control Tips for Homeowners
- Ants need water and food to thrive. To curb their access to these two things, you have to store all your food items in sealed storage containers. The fridge should be closed all the time. Also, you need to clean your kitchen thoroughly.
- If there are any crumbs or spills on the floor or countertops, clean the area. Get rid of even the smallest particles because ants can never miss their target.
- The leftovers and peels in the garbage bins can also attract ants. So, keep containers clean by throwing away the waste regularly.
- Generally, ants reside in the wall cracks. So, inspect all the exposed openings in your walls and seal them so that they don’t get entry there.
- Since these insects leave in trees, bushes, and plants, you should look all around your house to see if ants come from there. Any leaf or stem can work as a bridge for these insects to enter your place. That’s why it is necessary to trim them.
- The ants can make their nests near your house. Apply the force of water from the garden pipe to wash them away.
- Ants are social animals. They send the food they collect from different places to their queen and other members for feeding them. If you use baits, you can easily trick them and end their entire colony. Boric acid or any such products can be the excellent poisoning agents for them.
Ants can infest your home and spread everywhere quickly. If you don’t control them on time, it can turn into a nagging problem soon. They can ruin your food and weaken the structure of your home by continuous digging. To protect your home and everyone living in it, you need to take corrective measures at earliest.
When you see disinfectant, and insect repellent sprays along with other products are not working on them, you should consider getting in touch with a professional company specializing in ant control Toronto. Don’t worry as many reputable companies offer fantastic ant control services. Just make sure whichever company you approach holds a license.