In homes, simple flooring is done, and epoxy flooring is for industries and commercial uses.
However, an environment with heavy-loaded activities needs a durable floor. For the movement of things, the surface should be smooth and shiny.
The maintenance of epoxy flooring Hayward is very easy and provides safety to the workers also. For many years it remains the same as in the starting and can hold heavy loads also. It is normally applied over concrete floors just to get the finishing.
Epoxy Primer Formulas
- After the layer of epoxy flooring, primer or finisher is applied. As while painting the walls, the finisher is applied to the floors. Also, this type of liquid is applied.
- Before applying the primer, a layer of water is poured onto the surface. The water gives a smooth surface so that the coat of primer is easily spread on the floor. Then, with the help of the roller, the floor is painted with primer and left undisturbed for several hours.
- A finisher liquid is also like a primer, but the water layer is not needed before applying it. The rest of the painting applications are similar to the primer. Both are used in giving the final touch to the epoxy floor.
Before applying the epoxy coating, the first and foremost thing to do is check the concrete surface. If there are any cracks in the surface, then repair them fast.
Next, to check if the concrete surface is sealed or not, pour some water on the surface. It doesn’t need any epoxy coating if the water stops on the surface rather than being soaked.
In the making of coating, two substances are mixed. Limited time is there to apply the coating because the material starts getting hard after the time limit is reached. So, apply as soon as you make the mixture for epoxy floor coating.
Advantages of Coating on Epoxy Floor
- Most sustainable floor for warehouses and industries. The stains of oil, liquid, etc., don’t stay on the floor.
- The glossy finish looks very beautiful and feels like a glass surface. This surface is unbreakable and seamless and lasts for many years.
- It is very easy to maintain. No specific care and focus are needed for epoxy floors.
- Any design and color can be made from a mixture of epoxy floors. It can be the same as the interior of the place.
These floors are cost-effective and can be chosen on a low budget. The self-setting property doesn’t need many workers to lay the floor on the concrete substrate. It looks immensely beautiful and lasts up to many years.