Table of Contents Show
Clean The House Siding – Cleaning Your Home
Washing the siding on your house is the best step to cleaning the exterior of your home. Cleaning your house siding not only improves and maintains the attractive appearance of your home but can also extend the life of the siding. Dirt, mold, and mildew can all harm surfaces including siding. Washing this gunk off is important for maintaining the well-being of your home. But, what cleaning mixtures are available for siding?
Learn about a commercial cleaning solution as well as a homemade effective house siding cleaning solution that you can use to wash the outside of your home.
Commercial Cleaning Solutions
Your first option for an effective house siding cleaning solution is to buy a commercially available product. Two such products that are recommended by customers are Krud Kutter Exterior Siding Cleaning and Spray & Forget.
Homemade Cleaning Solutions – Homemade Cleaning Products
If you do not wish to buy a cleaning product, your second option for an effective house siding cleaning solution is to make your own from other household products. Some simple but efficient cleaning solutions include the following:
- 1 part dish soap or laundry detergent and 10 parts water
- 1 part Oxiclean and 4 parts water
- 1 part white vinegar and two parts water
- 1/3 cup laundry detergent, 1 quart bleach, and 1 gallon water
Soap and water is generally safe for most types of siding including wood, vinyl, and aluminum. If you are trying to remove mold or mildew from your siding, mixtures that contain bleach or vinegar work best. Avoid using bleach on wood siding as bleach can stain or lighten the color of the wood.
Using Cleaning Solutions
To use any siding cleaning solution, begin by rinsing your siding with regular water using your gardening hose. If your siding is especially grimy, you may want to consider renting a pressure washer to blast the worst of the dirt and gunk off first. After rinsing, apply a cleaning solution to the siding.
Cleaning the outside of your home is just as important as cleaning the interior. Washing siding is just one part of exterior home cleaning. Using an effective house siding cleaning solution is essential for properly and thoroughly cleaning the exterior of your home.
Exterior House Cleaning
the exterior of your home is important for maintaining the appearance
and quality of your home. Learn tips and instructions for cleaning the
outside of your house such as how to wash windows and sidings, when to
check for maintenance problems, and why to clean up landscaping.
- Cleaning Solutions for the Exterior of the House
- Effective Cleaning Solutions for House Siding
- Best Vinyl Siding Cleaner: Vinyl Siding Cleaning Solution: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/best-vinyl-siding-cleaner-vinyl-siding-cleaning-solution.html
- Cleaning Vinyl Siding: How to Clean Vinyl Siding: http://www.siding4u.com/cleaning-vinyl-siding.php
- Natural Wood Siding Needs TLC: http://www.askthebuilder.com/natural-wood-siding-needs-tlc/
- Spray & Forget; Decks, Siding & More…; https://www.sprayandforget.com/housewash/
- Garden Hose – Nandhp: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Garden_hose.jpg
- Metal Siding – Larz Lentz: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:LightningVolt_Corrugated_Steel_Siding.jpg
- Siding – Michael Lee: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Painted_siding.jpg
- Wood Siding – Werewombat: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flippin_House_siding_detail_-_Clatskanie_Oregon.jpg