Radon is a radioactive gas that can cause serious health issues like lung cancer when exposed to air. It is colorless, tasteless, and odorless, which makes it hard to determine its presence.
However, by doing radon testing in Bridgewater, New Jersey, you can determine the presence of radon and ultimately eradicate it.
How Does Radon Influence Your Health?
- Radon is considered one of the significant causes of cancer. When you breathe in, and there is radon gas present in the air, it affects the lining of your lungs which with time leads to lung cancer.
- If you keep smoking in the present radon air, your risk gets even higher.
- It is not certain, but some researchers have developed that radon can cause other diseases like asthma, develop in new allergic conditions.
How Do You Get Exposed to Radon?
- You are exposed to radon when you breathe in the radon air present in your house, workplace, or school.
- It can enter the air through any crack, gaps, or natural stones that are primarily present in your kitchen countertop.
- If you have a healthy water supply in your aquifer, it can also be present in the water as that water is exposed to soil.
- Radon is mainly accumulated in homes that are tightly sealed or very well insulated.
- It can also be developed when the soil around your house contains thorium, uranium, or radium.
- Radon air is mainly found in your basement or first floor as they come in contact with the soil.
Symptoms of Radon Exposure
- Wheezing does not go away quickly.
- Shortness of breath.
- Tightness or pain in the chest.
- Weight loss.
- Bloodstains in your cough.
- Loss of appetite.
There are no specific tests to determine whether or not you have been exposed to radon air.
However, if you experience any of the symptoms mentioned above, you must contact your doctor immediately and ask whether you must undergo a test to check for lung cancer.
How to Determine the Presence of Roden?
- You can determine the presence of roden by hiring a professional, or you can do it yourself by buying a DIY kit.
- If you are doing it yourself, you can follow the instructions mentioned on it. It usually consists of a device that has to be placed in the basement of your house, and that is all.
- After the mentioned time, you have to send it for analysis and wait for the results.
- The professionals usually test for roden by using different detectors based on alpha, charcoal, or electric.
All the tests are affordable and provide accurate results. However, Roden might cause an adverse long-term effect on your health, so if you see any signs or symptoms, get your house tested immediately.