Do you often encounter a flooded kitchen sink or a stinky smell coming from the toilet?
If yes, then have you ever tried to find out what the root cause of these issues is?
Well, whenever the plumbing system fails to allow the flow of water at the expected rate or shows adverse signs like odor, blocked pipes, and more, the main issue is clogged drains.
It’s a very common incident that almost every household experiences on a frequent basis. Now, even though you are meant to hire a professional plumber in such cases, the question is how many times will you opt for the service in a month? ‘
You cannot call for a plumber every time your kitchen sink is flooded or your water is not passing through the toilet right?
That’s why you should know the basic troubleshooting solutions for cleaning the clogged drains. In this below discussion, we have highlighted some of the ways by which you can clear the blocks and allow the water to flow through properly.
Besides, we have also talked about some preventive measures so that you don’t have to encounter these problems on a frequent basis.
Top Ways to Clear Clogged Drains in Your Kitchen
Before you call a plumber New Jersey, you can try some of these methods to clear a blocked drain in your kitchen sink.
- Pouring down hot or boiling water straight into the pipe of the kitchen sink will clean the residues from chemicals, food particles, peels, and other items. It will also clean off the rust and corrosive blockades in the drain. If your kitchen pipe has a guard, remove that first because the boiling water will damage it completely. Once done, clean off the pipe with tap water.
- Sometimes, kitchen sinks have a garbage disposal attached to them. If the garbage is not distributed properly, it will cause blocked drains. So, make sure to check the disposal and ensure that it’s not blocking the drains.
- If there is no visible blockage, it means that rust or some other corrosive causes are perhaps clogging the drains. For this, use the plunger to clear the pipe and normalize the flow.
- Sometimes, stains, chemicals, and other causes also block the drains which are why you can use the basic home remedy. Simply mix vinegar with baking soda and pour the solution down the drain. Wait for some time and then use a brush to clean off everything from inside the walls.
Top Ways to Clear Clogged Drains in The Bathroom
Even though the bathroom pipes are complicated and often need help from a professional plumber Toms River, you can try out the following techniques.
- Use some drain cleaners to remove the residues and other blocks from the pipes. Make sure to use a chemical that won’t harm the pipe’s materials or the bathroom materials like the sink, toilet, and floor tiles.
- Make sure to check whether hairs and other such things are blocking the drain mouths or not. If there are any such types of physical elements clogging the pipes, remove them first and then use normal water to clean any residue.
- You can use the plunger also for cleaning the drains and making sure that nothing is present inside the pipes that will potentially cause blockage in the near future.
Even though you know how you clear the blocks in the drain pipes, it’s your responsibility to ensure that you don’t have to encounter this problem often.
To do so, always use a pipe guard or a mesh net that will catch all the residues and block substances, thereby preventing them from entering the pipe.
In cases where the pipes have been damaged or their structures are causing blocks, you do have to call the best plumber New Jersey and do the needful.