Table of Contents Show
Do you want to wow your guests right from the front yard? If yes, please read on. We will share some accessories that you need to have.
You have a fantastic home. You know it is because of the amount of time and money that has gone into ensuring it is.
But the positive feedback only starts when guests walk in through the front door. But do you know you can get a wow reaction right from the front yard? All you need are some simple outdoor accessories.
Don’t wrack your brain trying to find out what to include in your outdoor space. We will show you some in our article below.
1. Landscaping With a Creative Mind
Do you know one fantastic yard accessory available to your plants? Who does not love a front yard with proper landscaping? You have cut the grass and trimmed the bushes just right.
Your plants look healthy and happy if we can apply that adjective to plants. But you know what we are talking about, right?
Without a doubt, you are doing everything right. And your family and friends appreciate the effort. But all you ever get is ‘nice’ as feedback.
There is a way to get a ‘wow’ as a reaction. It is all about creativity in landscaping. There is no way a plant sculpture would not be a conversation piece.
You can get tons of inspiration online with a simple query on Google or your preferred search engine. Check out the sculpture below and tons of others by clicking on the link.
2. Allow for Creativity with Common Accessories
Look around your front yard and take stock of what you have. Let’s take the example of a functional item like your home security delivery box. When installing it in your front yard, you had one major concern, the safe delivery of your purchases.
You had lost some items because the delivery man left them on the front porch. It became difficult to coordinate the time when you were home to when the courier came around. With the lockable parcel box, you are sure the items are safe till you retrieve them.
But, the choice of colors makes your delivery box seem out of place in your front yard. Yet, with some colorful paint and a touch of creativity, you can transform the parcel box into a piece of art.
The same creativity applies to things like benches, planters, and other garden ornaments. Check out the Pinterest link below the picture for some inspiration.
3. Install a Deck
A deck in the front yard serves so many different purposes. By adding it as an extension to the living room, you get more space. It provides a fantastic place to entertain family and friends on those warm summer days.
A deck also increases the value of the home. And finally, the design you choose will increase the aesthetic appeal of the front yard. There are some considerations to have in mind if you want a wow reaction.
- The most important is to consult the experts for advice on the type of deck to install. Get advice on the best materials to use and optimal positioning.
- Pay attention to the elements you include. Have plenty of stylish outdoor seating. Forget about eating indoors when you could have full dining set up outside.
- Shade is important for the deck. A pergola is a fantastic option if you want something more permanent. You also get design options for a look that stands out.
- An outdoor kitchen is convenient and makes food preparation more enjoyable.
- A tv or projector screen is excellent for catching up with movies or your favorite tournaments.
- Have a small dance floor and excellent sound for the days you want to party.
- Set the right ambiance with lighting. You have tons of options, including fairy lights, lanterns, and deck lights. The space will look great, especially if you are entertaining at night.
- If you have an adventurous spirit, do not be afraid of color. Bring in fun and excitement with touches of green, yellow, orange, and even red. Here is an idea, get some inspiration from the plants you have in your front yard.
4. Artworks Well Outdoors Too
Who says the outdoors is not a place to showcase your love for art? Here is the thing, there is no limit to what you can do.
Are you one of those people who find graffiti art so captivating? The fact that an artist uses a wall as his canvas to bring ideas to life is enthralling.
So, how about start with your walls. They are, after all, one of the first places visitors, passersby, and neighbors get to see.
You can get some fantastic DIY wall decor ideas by clicking on this link. We have an article dedicated to showing you how to go about it.
But graffiti is not for everyone. Yet, there are so many accessories you can have. Metal cutouts, sculptures, wind chimes, water features, and birdbaths are some of them. Just ensure the material you use can withstand the elements.
And please, do not go overboard with what you add. Too many art accessories can clutter the space. People will notice them more if you have few, yet unique pieces.
The first impression you should create is with the outdoor space. Make it a conversation piece by including some of the ideas we have shared above.
Plants look fantastic in their natural element. But it does not mean you cannot have a little fun with them. Get inspiration on some sculptures you can try.
Include outdoor art using what you have. Your wall, for instance, is a blank canvas for the truly creative. You don’t even need to hire a professional to do the work.
Get the kids together for a fun day painting murals on the wall? It will have more meaning to you as a family than if an artist did all the work.
Utilize the outdoor space better with a deck. You get functionality, drive up the value of your home and it adds to the aesthetic appeal of the property.