Table of Contents Show
The trash in your home, workshop, or garage should be constantly removed to make room for new, useful stuff.
Most homeowners are reliant on junk removal companies to haul away the trash. They charge a specific amount for removing junk; however, the rate varies depending on the volume of trash and location.
As there are so many variables involved, it is difficult for people to figure out how much junk removal cost. It is best to contact local junk removal services upfront to get an accurate figure. Below you will find estimated and average figures for hauling away junk.
How Much Does Junk Removal Cost?
For hauling away small piles, the company may charge approximately $100. The junk removal cost could go up to $600 for removing a full-size truck-load of junk. On average, a homeowner may have to pay $225 for removing residential trash.
On the contrary, dumpster rentals can set you back anywhere from about $300 to $530 per week. Many junk removal companies cost $150 to $350 for most jobs which equals about $1.50.
However, these are just average figures, the junk removal services in your area may charge more or less than the said rate. Mostly, trash hauling companies charge on the basis of type of junk, volume, truckload, and weight.
Junk Removal Cost by Truck Load
Junk removal teams carry the junk of several customers in one trash run. So, the company may charge you for the portion of the truck that your junk occupies.
- 10 Square Feet – It may cost around $100 for 10 sq ft.
- 40 Square Feet – Expect to pay $100 to $350 for ½ truckload of junk.
- Full-Size Truck-Load – It will cost anywhere between $350 to $600.
Junk Removal Cost by Type
- Sofa – Trash removal services charge $160-$200 for hauling the sofa.
- Mattress – Removing mattresses may cost about $80 to $120.
- Building Materials – For the removal of construction debris and materials, you will be charged around $100 to $800.
- Washer & Dryer – Pay $100-$200 for hauling the damaged washer and dryer.
- Large Hot Tub – The company may charge $300 to $500 for this item.
Hazardous Waste Removal Cost
Most companies do not accept hazardous waste like latex paint, fluorescent light tubes, light ballasts, freon, etc. For this reason, you have to hire specialty trash firms which may cost somewhere around $50 to $500.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Junk Removal
- The volume of the Load – Ultimately, the volume and load of the junk will determine the cost of junk removal.
- Location – If the junk is easily accessible or already laid out on the lawn ready for pickup, the junk removal companies may charge less.
- Mileage – The distance a truck has to travel to take the trash to the disposal location also influences how much the trash hauling services will charge.
Waste management requires a lot of time and effort; therefore, most people prefer hiring junk removal services. Junk removal prices are difficult to predict as it depends on a variety of factors including the weight of the junk, location, and type.