Table of Contents Hide
The estimated material for a composite deck is $9 – $16 per square foot, which includes substructure, decking, and fasteners. But composite decking pricing is worth every cent.
That said, the average cost of a deck varies, which is why in Brite decking a tool is built to gather estimates according to your deck size, materials, railing options, and budget.
Three Factors Behind Deck Pricing
Labor accounts for nearly two-thirds of the cost to build a deck. Labor and installation account for two-thirds of the total costs. Companies help you find a builder, or you can do it yourself.
Raw materials include a substructure, decking, railing, hardware, and add-ons. And that is only a part of the total cost of a deck.
Size and shape both make a large difference. Both help to determine the materials and labor costs of the deck.
Tips and Options
For the Budget Conscious
Cut costs, not the corners. Below are the tips on how to save on the deck build:
- Do it yourself or hire a deck builder in the off-season to save installation fees
- Go for straight sections of decking and stairs over more complicated curved designs
- Get more use of your space with efficient features such as outdoor storage sections
- Use creative design tricks, such as mix & match the color scheme, to up the style without upping the cost
- Look at the financing options to put the luxury deck you want within reach.
Don’t Forget to Factor in Stylistic Additions
These add-ons take your project to the next level of style and safety.
- Fascia adds beauty to the side of any deck, concealing rough edges and bridging unsightly gaps
- RainEscape helps drain rain and snowmelt, keeping space below your deck dry and liveable
- Outdoor Lighting help you step safely and keep the party going long after the sun goes down
- Outdoor Storage keeps your deck beautiful and useable by providing out-of-sight storage
- Outdoor Furniture is as comfortable as it is durable with styles to match any taste from traditional to modern
- Pergola can add elegance, charm, and little shade to your outdoor oasis
- LatticeWorks adds a deckside dimension of privacy and utility.
A deck is more than just composite boards. It is also railing and deck framing, possibly a pergola, Outdoor lighting, and definitely patio furniture.
Every piece can stand on its own with a signature blend of style and strength, or come together as one weather-shrugging, long-lasting, easy-to-care-for outdoor oasis. Find all the right products for you.
How Much Does Composite Decking Cost?
A big, beautiful deck is one of the main resources of outside entertainment for guests. From cookouts to a conversation, nothing gets more use than a nice deck on a beautiful day.
So, when comparing composite decking prices with their natural wood counterpart’s pricing, it’s important to know why composite decks are more expensive than a natural wood deck.
Let’s get down to it: how much is composite decking?
On average, a composite deck costs between $45 and $55 per square foot, including installation. Natural decks cost about $25 to $35 per square foot installed, especially for high-end wood such as cedar and redwood.