The living room color, sofas, rugs, chairs, and other furniture are selected to match current interior/home design styles. Here we will talk about the color schemes for living rooms. If we take a look on the importance of the living room then we will come to know that this is the most important room where members of the family spend most of their time.
Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Brown Leather
They sit with each other to watch TV or may be to discuss different things. Consider this things you have to give attention towards the selection of the things and accessories you want to place there.
Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Red Couch
If you have a large family then you have to do the casual but spacious arrangement so that most of the family members can adjust themselves there.
|Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Tan Furniture|
But if you have a little family then you can do arrangement according to that. When the matter of the color schemes for living rooms comes then you have to know that it should have more lively and attractive colors.
|Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Fireplaces|
This room is little different from bedrooms because in bedrooms you use more relaxing colors so that you can give some rest to yourself. But in lounge or the living room most of the activities of the family are done so it should have sharp and lively colors.
Color Schemes for Living Rooms with White Walls
Some people do not like sharp colors and they apply white and the faun color schemes in living room but generally it is not recommended because it is against the law of the interior decoration. If you have the strong observation and you visit different hotels then you must notice the color schemes for living rooms and the bedrooms.
Elegant Color Schemes for Living Rooms
Example in the hotels that are decorated and interior designed by the interior designers and they likely to choose orange, red and royal blue for the living room and the relaxing colors for the bedrooms.
Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Blue Carpet
If you are planning to change the color schemes for living rooms then you can have the plain white or black sofa and you can give the different look by placing the multi-colors and attractive cushions.
Color Schemes for Living Rooms with Grey Couch
You can have the carpet with the attractive but with appealing colors. If you want to place the accessories then I recommend buying the corner lamps or the candle stands.
Color Schemes for Country Living Rooms
In the corner lamp stands you can keep colorful shades and if you have the candle stand then you can keep the colorful and attractive candles.
Trend Colors for the Living Rooms
Below are few examples of color schemes with short description:
- Contemporary Décor (Earth Tones, Bold and Bright Tones, Graphic Tones)
- Earth Tones – Rich browns/Neutral tans/spectrum of greens highlighted with reds, gold, oranges, and deep blues. Earth tone works with modern and other style of furnishings.
- Bold and Bright Tones – Turquoise blue/lime green/hot pink/royal purple with neutrals like black/white/tan. This works with metal furniture and bright metallic accents.
- Graphic Tones – Black/White/gray graphic tones associated with modern design. This works with contemporary furniture with clean, simple lines.
- Green Color paint – Green (light hues of green) with little white or yellow. It works with wooden furniture, fresh plant and flowers.
- Yellow Color Paint – yellow or medley of yellow and violet color with yellow as dominating and violet as an accent.
- Blue Color paint – Blue for cool and fresh look, blue, red and yellow triadic color, and tint of blue color paint with white color.
- Brown Color paint – Classy look with brown color paint, Hues of brown and green color paint, goes with brown wood furniture.
- Neutral Color paint – Mostly used as color paint for living room, can be mixed with any color paint, allows to display art works, and wall paintings better.
- Orange Color paint – It is a friendly welcoming color and provides warm feeling
- Grey Color paint – It provides modern and sober look, can be mixed with other colors like grayish yellow and red color, works with simple furniture to give graceful and sophisticated living room.
- Red Color Paint – Red color provides feeling of luxury and energy, better to paint one wall with red, can be mixed with green color or black color using one color as the dominant and other as an accent.
Latest trends of living room wall color paints are: Contemporary, Neutral, Complementary, Split-Complementary, Triad, and Monochromatic, cool, warm, and analogous. The amount of sunlight entering into the living room and room style shall dictate the selection of color schemes for living rooms.