|Ideas for Spots Around Your Kitchen, Entry or Hallway|
If you don’t have the luxury of a custom mudroom or counter space to spare. Here are a couple of ideas for spots around your kitchen, entry or hallway.
- Cabinet door – Use the inside or outside door of the cabinet
- Wall space by the entry
- Unused counter space
- Corner by eating area
- Coat closet door
- Pantry door
- Wall space in pantry
No matter what size home you live in, look for a
space you can set up an “everyday station”. Now that you have the space
in mind what can you use to keep all those daily papers together?
- Hanging magazine rack
- Counter top file organizers or magazine holders
- Hanging file holder for inside cabinet
With the right tools you now can create a system. Use this guide as you prepare for the busy season.
- Assign each child a folder or box for on going assignments and papers to be signed.
- Assemble a binder with class lists, team rosters, sports and after school activity schedules.
- Post reminders and activities on a bulletin board or chalkboards.
- Organize your mail by tossing anything you don’t need
- Open everything right away.
- Separate into “do now” and “do later” (Which means go through a couple items a week and see what needs your attention)
If you accomplish this one thing before the school
year begins (or if it just started) it will save you loads of time in
your and your families daily life. What types of items
get dumped on your kitchen counter or table? Do you have a creative way
of organizing it? Leave a comment below and share your ideas!