The roof is one of the most important components of your home, and keeping it in good condition can help prevent expensive repairs down the road.
Regular inspections by a professional roofing contractor are essential in determining if any damage has occurred or if there are potential problems that could arise.
But how do you know when it’s time for your roof to be inspected? If your roof is over 10 years old, or you have recently experienced severe weather conditions such as strong winds or hail storms it could be time to call in the experts.
A good roofing contractor will conduct an inspection to determine what has caused the leak and provide you with a full report. They can also advise you on the best course of action to fix or repair any damage. Here are the top 11 signs your roof needs to be inspected by professionals:
- Missing or Damaged Shingles: If you can spot missing or damaged shingles from the ground, then it is time to call in dependable Roofers Mesa AZ residents recommend for a thorough inspection. Regularly check for any signs of loose, cracked, or ripped-off shingles as these could be indicative of aging and/or present a hazard if left unchecked. Cracked, curled or missing shingles can also allow moisture to penetrate your roof and cause further damage.
- Sagging Roof: A sagging roof could indicate either structural damage to the building or inadequate insulation within the attic causing moisture to accumulate under your roofing material and creating weak spots that may leak into your home leading to serious water damage down the line. If you notice that the deck of your roof is sagging, it could be due to insufficient ventilation. It’s important to speak with a professional about this issue as soon as possible before further damage is done.
- Leaks: If you suspect that your roof may have suffered water damage or a leak, it’s important to act fast. Roofing inspections can help you identify and repair any issues before they lead to further and more expensive damages. If you can spot water stains on your ceiling or wall then it is likely that you have a roof leak. Get in touch with a roofer to inspect the area and repair the issue promptly to avoid extensive damage during storms and other weather conditions.
- Poor Ventilation: Ventilation is key in keeping your roof healthy and free from any damage caused by moisture retention. Poor ventilation can cause damaging effects on your home’s interior and exterior. As such, it’s critical to keep an eye out for signs such as ice dams or mold around pipes or attic areas that may indicate poor ventilation in your roof. Getting an upgrade from trusted local roofers might be necessary.
More Signs That Indicate You Need a Roofing Inspection
- Missing flashing: Flashing refers to the metal pieces used to seal roof edges, at points of contact with walls and where there are other roof protrusions such as along chimneys. Complete roofing inspection for signs of wear and tear or missing flashing will indicate could be causing water to leak inside your property.
- Damaged Gutters: Gutters can become clogged with debris or broken due to heavy rainfall and winds which places extra strain on your roofing system leading to damage in the future if not attended to promptly by professional roofers Mesa AZ residents can trust for long-lasting quality service.
- Clogged Downspouts: Be sure to check the condition of any downspouts connected to your property regularly because if they become clogged then it can lead to water damage, mold growth, and other problems. Clogged downspouts are often caused by debris and leaves that accumulate on your roof over time. If you suspect your roof has a clogged downspout, it’s important to have a professional roofing contractor inspect your roof for potential damage. During the inspection, the contractor will look for standing water and other signs of clogging. If the contractor finds a clog, they can provide roof services such as cleaning out the gutters and downspouts or replacing them if necessary.
- Dark Streaks: If you notice dark streaks on your roof then it is likely caused by algae or mold and can be indicative of a moisture problem that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. It’s important to have an experienced professional inspect the area to determine the source of the issue, and to provide a proper long-term solution.
Handy Roofing Maintenance Tips
- Rotting Wood: Wooden structures, such as shakes, need to be regularly checked for any signs of rotting or decay due to excessive moisture exposure which could lead to serious harm if left unchecked. When it comes to roofing maintenance services, one of the most important steps is inspecting your roof for any signs of rotting wood or decay. This can be a delicate process that requires experience and knowledge, which is why we recommend having a qualified roofing contractor conduct an inspection on your roof regularly. During the inspection, the contractor will check for water damage, pests, cracked shingles, rusted fasteners, or any tell-tale signs of decay. If they find any issues with the roofing structure, they will suggest the appropriate course of action to address them.
- Seals Around Chimneys and skylights: Check around your chimney areas and any other protrusions from your property such as skylights for any cracks or loose seals which could allow water into your home during rainstorms.
- Flashing Around Vents: Make sure that the flashing around any vents is properly sealed and not cracked or torn, as this could be a sign of an existing moisture issue that needs to be addressed by professional Mesa AZ roofers ASAP.
If you have noticed any of these top 11 signs your roof needs to be inspected on your residential or commercial property then it is time to call in a professional roofer for a thorough assessment and to provide repairs if needed. Here’s our final conclusion: Don’t wait until it’s too late and get your roof inspected today!