One exciting way to increase the value of your home is to upgrade its plumbing. These upgradations will not only increase the value of your home but also help in water and energy conservation.
Getting done with fixtures, buying a new water heater, buying a garbage disposal, etc. can help you increase the value of your house. But a lot of thought has to be put into this process because if the up-gradation process fails, things can go wrong.
In this article, we will tell you about both the best and worst ways of upgrading plumbing for your home. These ways will surely help you plan out upgrades for your home correctly.
Ideas for Best Plumbing Upgrades
- Replacing Your Pipes: 3 Key Signs Your Bathroom Needs New Plumbing
- Understanding Bathroom Renovations and Plumbing Remodeling
- Plumber Equipment Which You Can Use for Your DIY Plumbing
- Discover the Top Signs That You Have Bad Plumbing
- How to Unclog the Plumbing Blockages like a Pro?
- Common Plumbing Problems and You
Get a New Water Heater
Mostly all the water heaters use tanks to store water. But do you need so much warm water? If not, then you are only increasing your electricity bills by having such a water heater. Tankless water heaters are your solution. They don’t have huge tanks that take so much of your space.
They heat the water only when you need it thereby saving energy. Tankless water heaters, also known as on-demand water heaters, are convenient and compact.
They don’t take much of the space and can quickly heat the water whenever you want it. Some of them even come up with extensive warranties. A tankless water heater is what you need if you don’t want to deal with all the uncomfortable and inconvenient problems.
If you want to save energy, try adding insulation to the pipelines and water heaters. This will help save a life by keeping the water warm for a more extended period which will help you save some bucks on your electricity bills. Moreover, it will also increase the life of your water heater by preventing wear and tear.
This trick will also make your water heater more efficient, and the best part is that the cost of insulation is very pocket friendly. This is a must-do up-gradation; it will indeed prove very beneficial to you in the long run.
Switch to low flow toilets; you can help save a lot of water by doing so. A low flow toilet uses less water during flush as compared to the regular toilet. If you have a large family, then a low flow toilet is a must-have.
You can even go for models with twin options of low and high water flow. You can use any of the options as per your requirement.
Faucet aerators and flow restrictors are also a great way to save water. A faucet aerator inserts air along with the water to increase the pressure. In contrast, a flow restrictor reduces water flow. Both of them help in uniquely saving water.
These little changes or upgradations in your house will help you contribute to the environment by saving water effortlessly. Moreover, these changes will also add to the value of your home.
Worst Plumbing Upgrades for Your Home
Wrong upgrade decisions due to lack of research and poor planning can make your upgrade an irreparable disaster. To prevent that from happening reading the following plumbing mistakes that commonly people make:
- Adding too many fixtures might become impractical and thus useless. Several institutions can lead to low water pressure. This, instead of adding to the value of your home, will degrade it.
- Poor planning might result in a lack of space between the bathtub and the toilet. This can lead to a very uncomfortable and disastrous situation.
- If you are taking out something, make sure you remember its initial position; otherwise, you will end up solving a puzzle. You can even take a picture before disassembling something apart; this will surely help you.
- Drain cleaners are a quick solution for standing water in your bathroom, but they can damage the pipes in the long run, which can cost you a lot. Instead, you can go for a much simpler solution like, for instance, using a drain snake.
So, these were some tips that can prove handy whenever you are thinking to do plumbing upgrades in your home. Make sure you follow the tips mentioned above to avoid disasters in your house.