Table of ContentsShow
So, you are making space, right?
What is the purpose?
Are you making room for yourself? Because you suddenly realized that you are a big-time hoarder?
Or, Are you trying to sell your property, and your real estate agent has asked you to make space if you wish to list your property?
However sad it might sound, you have to declutter! Can you not be using all the materials in the house, right?
If you are having trouble, then ask a real estate agent about the things which you would need and the ones which can decrease the chances of your sale.
If it is real estate, then get an agent today; clickhttps://www.teifkerealestate.com/.
Like that hideous-looking clown mask that absolutely doesn’t go with your aesthetic.
Thus, in this excerpt below, we will be bringing you some of the expert’s suggested, highly recommended ways to create more space in your house.
The key is to not make it look less cluttered and give the illusion that it’s very much uncluttered. & If this house is very real estate, clients will definitely love a furnished house, but they will also like to bring their own belongings. & You have to give them liberty.
Why Do You Need More Space?
Here are some of the reasons why any house needs more space.
- First, too many items may be cluttering your room and making your perfectly spacious room small.
- Second, these are not the only items you will be living your life in; you also have to understand that people need more space for newer items. Thus, you have to make space for the newer items.
- Third, it is a big nuisance when you cannot find things. The reason why you are unable is that you do not know where half of the things are hidden in cabinets and cupboards.
Clever Ways To Maximize Space In Room
Here are some of the expert-suggested ways in which you can create more room in your house.
1. Use the Space Underneath the Stairs
For ages and ages, we have all missed a very important space in our house.
This space has been staring at us for quite some time, and we have been ignoring it. This is definitely the space underneath the stairs.
So, you have too many books in your house and cannot afford to build a library?
Why not use the space underneath the stairs to make abookshelf.
2. Place The Television on the Wall
Now, with all the huge LED televisions, you do not even realize how much time is being wasted.
Thus, what you need to do is mount the television on the wall because that is where it belongs!
Just do it, and then see the difference! There will be so much extra space on the shelf and the mantle that you have no idea.
3. Use Vertical Space
Now that you are mounting your television on the walls how about making use of some of that extra space.
Get more ceiling-high shelves, they are good for storage, and you can reach them with a wooden stair. It can be excellent for aesthetics as well. However, do not go overboard.
4. Multifunctional Furniture
If you are using multifunctional furniture, then you are saving space on furniture. For example, a dining table can also turn into a coffee table. A sofa which is also a bed!
These are some of the few examples. If you look into it, you will find many such pieces of furniture, and they are an excellent investment.
5. Get Rid Of Clutter
We know you do not wish to hear it, but there is something which you need to do.
You need to sit with your hoarded items and start to declutter everything which you find is unimportant to you & Yes, you have to find the unimportant items. It is impossible that everything is needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions which are often asked by many when they are either trying to renovate their old house or list their house in real estate.
Here are some authentic answers as given by interior designers and interior architects from all over the world.
1. How Will Neutral Colors Help My House Look Bigger
Ans. Warn dark tones are known for restricting the space and making it look cozier (wouldn’t say congested is the right word for it).
However, when you have your house all colored with neutrals like beige, whites, and sky blue, it automatically makes it look more spacious than before.
You can also add mirrors, as they do wonders to opening up a space.
2. What If I Have Too Many Belongings? Should I Dump Everything in the Storage?
Ans. Well, there are a few things which need to be unpacked.
- First, why would you want to store everything in the storage? This just means you have a problem, and that problem is essential to being a hoarder.
- Second, even if you are storing some things in the storage. This is one of the big mistakes that homeowners make. They store everything, and when they need something, they can never find it in the right place.
- Third, you should simply declutter and get some of the unimportant things out.
So, all in all. No, you shouldn’t put everything in the storage. Rather, you should know what to keep and what not to; only then will you be able to make some space.
3. How Should I Maximize The Space In The Kitchen?
Ans. If you wish to maximize the space in the kitchen, then use the vertical space. Have higher shelves, rods, and hangers to keep things.
Do not clutter the kitchen square with too many shelves or tables; you will need space to move.
Minimize & Then Maximize!
No matter how many shelves you increase or what color you choose to paint, you can never maximize if you do not minimize.
We are talking about minimizing your item! If you want to find the important items in your house, you have to throw away the unimportant ones.