Custom Table Covers, “Making a fitted card table cover is a great way to get some more use out of your old, tired card table. It does not take much time or effort to make your worn out card table look like new with this.
With a little bit of time you can create a card table cover that will turn your old card table into an entirely new piece of furniture.
Most families have an old card table or two that they pull out of the closet when they need extra table space for company or game nights. Over the years, these card tables see a lot of use and they are likely to get scratched and beaten, up which makes them somewhat of an eyesore. If you would like to continue to get some use out of your old card table, but can’t stand to look at its scratched and dented surface, try making a custom table covers or fitted card table cover to cover up the problem.
Fitted Card Table Cover: Custom Table Covers
If you would like to cover up the worn, scratched surface of your card table without having to deal with the hassle of a table cloth sliding around, try making a fitted card table cover or custom table covers. Lined with elastic, a fitted card table cover for a card table will cover the unsightly surface of an old card table, and can easily be removed for washing.
Materials Needed for Fitted Card Table Cover:
- 1 1/2 yards of fabric
- 3 1/2 yards of 1/4″ or 1/2″ elastic
- Sewing machine
- Large safety pin or paper clip
- Cut out a piece of fabric to fit your card table and add 5 inches to the length of each side. Standard square card tables typically measure 34″ by 34″ so, if your card table fits this description, cut your fabric to 39″ by 39″. If your card table is round, turn it upside down and lay it flat on top of your fabric and trace around the edges, then draw another circle 5″ larger than the first.
- Sew a one inch hem around the entire piece of fabric, leaving an opening one to two inches wide.
- Tie one end of the piece of elastic to a large paper clip, or fasten a large safety pin to it, then pass it through the opening in the hem, working it all the way around the piece of fabric until it comes out the other side.
- Stitch the ends of the elastic together and sew the opening in the hem closed.
- Slip the fitted card table cover over your card table.
Tips: If you use your card table most frequently for games, use a felted material for your custom table covers / fitted card table cover. Selecting a vinyl or other waterproof fabric is a good idea if your card table is used by children who may spill on it.
Custom Table Covers: Loose Card Table Cover
In some cases, transforming an old card table is as easy as throwing a tablecloth over the top, but most tablecloths are designed to fit larger kitchen and dining room tables, not card tables. If you’d like to make a loose fitting, decorative table cloth designed to fit your card table, follow these instructions.
- Living Room Decor Ideas with Brown Furniture
- How to Decorate a Home with an Orange Sofa to Inspire Décor
- Using a Blue Couch to Inspire Decorate Your Room
- Cheap Ideas for French Country Interior Design: French Style Interior Design Ideas
- How to Decorating Around a Flat Screen TV
- Make Twig Decor and Branch Centerpieces for Deco Table or Sideboard
- Using Branches and Twig Decor to Decorate Your Home – Interior Home Design
Materials Needed for Custom Table Covers: Loose Card Table Cover
- 2 yards fabric
- Sewing machine
- Thread to match fabric
- Iron (optional)
- Cut your fabric to the appropriate size. Most square card tables measure 34″x34″ so, if your card table matches these measurements, you will want to cut your fabric to at least 40″x40″. If your card table is round, lay it down flat on your fabric, trace around it and draw another circle at least 6″ larger around it. If you’d like a longer table cloth, add a few extra inches to your measurement.
- Hem your fabric all the way around the edge using a sewing machine. You may choose to use an iron to press the hem of your fabric before you sew it.
- Iron your completed card table cloth and lay it flat on your card table.
Tips: Using a vinyl or plastic fabric will make your custom card table cloth easier to clean, and lining or backing your tablecloth with felt or flannel will keep it from sliding around on the table.
With a few simple sewing materials and a little bit of time you can create a custom fitted card table covers that will turn your old, worn card table into an entirely new piece of furniture. Do not think you need to throw out our old card table just because it doesn’t look nice anymore – take a little bit of time to create a custom table covers or fitted card table cover that will transform your table to look like new. Use your creativity and make a fitted card table cover using your favorite color or make several, each with a different seasonal design.
References of Fitted Card Table Cover
- Source for fitted card table cover or custom table covers: Based on author’s own experience.
- Kids Card Table by Shalf: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shalf/3623664711/
- Sewing Machine by Chris: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cedwardmoran/633158834/