A properly done roof will last you years if maintained correctly which means you want to make sure you are investing in the best company for the job.
Of course, you can always just google “roofing company near me” and choose the top result and hope that they do a good job; however, to make sure you are wisely spending your money you need to know how to find the best roofer.
There are a few things you can do to make sure you find the best company for the job and some questions to ask the company.
The most obvious thing to look at when choosing a roofing company is the reviews. There are a few places to look. First, you can look on the company’s website or social media for reviews that they have shared.
The ones on their website are most likely going to be cherry-picked to only show the 4- and 5-star ones but it is still a good place to start. Social media is going to show a more unbiased look because it is open to anyone, and the business does not have the chance to only show good reviews.
You should also read their reviews on other places such as Google My Business. It is always a good idea to read as many reviews as possible but especially the most recent because you can get an idea of how they are currently operating.
Keep in mind most people tend to only leave reviews if they either had a really bad or really good experience and those who just had an alright experience may not take the time to leave one.
Another great thing to look for is the company’s certifications. For roofing companies, a great certification to have is the GAF certification.
It is worth a few extra minutes to research the certifications a company has and what they mean to make sure you are hiring qualified contractors. This will allow you to know that the people who are working on one of your most prized possessions aka your house are going to do a good job.
To get an idea of how your roof will look photos are great. You can typically find photos on the company’s website as well as their social media. Photos will allow you to see for yourself the quality of a company’s roofing and see if it matches your style.
Even better than photos are if you know someone (a friend or a neighbor) that has had their roof done by that company. Not only does this give you a testimony on the process but also you can see the roof in person and from all angles.
Once you have found a company that looks good online, and you feel like they may work for what you need it is always a great idea to give them a call and ask specific questions to get a better feel for how they work.
- Do you offer a free inspection? – This is a great place to start (they may have this on the website). This will allow you to have the company come to your house so you can meet them and have them see if they feel they can do a good job on your roof.
- What materials do you use? – Make sure to ask about materials even if you do not know anything about them so that you can research what the company uses and know if they use high-quality materials or not.
- What are the process and timeline like? – If you have a roof that needs immediate attention, but the company is booked out for weeks or their process is long then this may not be the best company to work with.
- What warranties do you offer? – Knowing what warranties cover your roof is crucial so that you know whether you are covered if there is an issue or not.
- What types of insurance do you have? – Make sure the company not only has insurance that covers injuries of the contractor but also covers any damage done to your property.
Replacing or repairing your roof can be an expensive endeavor and therefore you want to make sure you are investing your hard-earned cash into a company that will do good work. These are just a few things to look for and ask to find an experienced roofing company to get the job done correctly.