You want to come home and relax and let the tension go away. So, a cozy design for a living room is essential.
If you have a small living room, there are ways to make it appear airier and fresher.
When it comes to living room décor, you’ll find numerous ideas online, but you must pick the expert opinions to make your living room look brighter and more comfortable.
Continue reading this article to learn more about designing a modern living space.
There are no hard and fast rules about the living room color. However, an interior designer knows that some colors make the room pop, while others make it look dull.
For example, you may add bright pink colors or shades of green to provide the room with a more modern feel. Or you may mix and match and go for a multi-color fun living room.
- You do not have to rely on paint only when adding colors to the room. You can use textured wallpapers and large canvas to add that pop of color. You may even add a large multicolored rug on the floor to draw one’s attention to the floor.
- Depending on the size of the room, you may go for light neutral colors to give the room an open vibe. For example, you can go for white, beige, gray tones, or light blue shades.
That will make the living room fresher. Furthermore, you can incorporate light colors on the room’s ceiling to make the room look bigger.
To make the room more open, don’t clutter the space with unnecessary furniture.
If you fill-up the living room with lots of furniture, it will look stuffy and uncomfortable. To avoid feeling claustrophobic, use minimal furniture.
- A cozy sofa is a must for every living space. You cannot create a modern living space without having a comfortable sofa.
Many people use a couch to store more items underneath, but that is not necessary.
Instead, find other places to put the stuff in. You prefer not to sit on an uncomfortable box, practically a storage system.
- Get a coffee table that complements the sofa and commands attention. An accent coffee table can be a conversation starter.
Before finalizing the type of furniture, you want, you may visit the local furniture store and browse online. Find the pieces that you think will suit your living room.
- Depending on the space left after putting in the couch and the coffee table, you may add a couple of accent chairs.
One may even get a recliner that provides one with that added comfort. You may keep a blanket over the recliner and get a designer throw pillow to put on the couch.
The Focal Point
Let one wall be the focus in your living room, and all the furniture should be moved in that direction.
You may install the TV on that particular wall. If you are not a big fan of TV, you may even decorate the wall with bookshelves and exciting artworks.