Fighting stress is the unfinished business of many people. In fact, it is considered one of the biggest problems that today’s society has.
Although there is no infallible remedy to get rid of this unbearable feeling of overwhelm and even mental blockage, there are formulas that can help alleviate the symptoms. Do you want to discover what they are?
Methods to Eliminate Stress
Difficulty breathing? Headache? Digestive problems? Insomnia? Lack of concentration? Anxiety attacks? All these are just some of the symptoms that stress brings with it, and as you can see, it affects both mentally and physically.
Even medical studies have proven that prolonged periods of stress can lead to diseases since this anguish weakens our body and our immune system, making it more vulnerable.
Therefore, and understandably, it is important to tackle stress as soon as possible. And since there is no medical treatment for it yet, the fundamental thing is to take measures that can eliminate some of its most well-known manifestations. One thing that can help you is compartmentalizing your feelings.
- A good way to combat stress is to take a proper break. Take your mind off work, and turn off your email apps when you are with family to relax properly.
- Sports are also a great way to relieve tension. In this sense, you can choose the discipline that best suits you. You may want to go for a run, a Zumba dance, a contact sport, or a cardio session to release after a full day at work.
- Others prefer to regain mental balance through more relaxing practices like yoga, Pilates, and body balance.
- At times, a doctor may recommend medications to help treat the symptoms of chronic stress such as antidepressants or sedatives.
If the source of stress is something that you can’t solve, there is no point in thinking about it. It is important to escape, take some time to disconnect, read, watch series, cook – either with yourself, or accompanied by your loved ones. Having coffee with friends can also be very therapeutic.
Psychologists say that when you are immersed in a problem from which you see no way out, e.g. Writer’s Block, it is best to get away from that thought and free your mind.
After a while, it is more than likely that you will find the solution or at least see it from another perspective that causes less strain.
There are even those who consider alternative therapies as the best formula to combat stress. In this sense, many undergo acupuncture sessions to achieve the relief they need.
Work Stress, A Real Enemy
Many of the causes of stress are framed in the work environment. Too much work, risk of dismissal, problems with colleagues, or with the boss – the reasons are countless and varied.
In the event that you have a lot of work and this causes you so much stress, it is essential to organize yourself well.
- Prioritize tasks
- Delegate some as much as possible
- Stop checking your emails all the time. Strongly consider switching off your work apps after business hours.
- Try to concentrate and do not fall into distractions such as social media or videos on your phone.
- Maintain a clean space with no clutter to give yourself the focus you need at work.
- Adding indoor plants to your workspace can give a soothing effect and a place to rest your eyes from the computer screen
- Creating a bright and organized workspace can immensely support your mood and productivity.
- Definitely keep your work desk clean from any food crumbs or stains as the bad smell and icky surface will be a downer on your mood. Instead, keep it clean and add a diffuser with some uplifting essential oils. Smelling good can shift your mood and awaken your senses.
These are just some ideas that will help you get the stress down and keep your productivity up.
And most importantly, try to rest on weekends. Take advantage of your free time to disconnect from work; enjoy your family, friends, do outdoor activities, and catch up on sleep.
In short, fully rest to get through the coming week to avoid having any residual stress from the previous week.
For more stress removal after your work hours, considering outsourcing your household chores to a home cleaning or maid service company such as CleanMyTribe Indy. A clean home is a clean mind after all.