When purchasing kitchen flooring, homeowners should choose a style and color (kitchen colors) that compliments the backsplash and countertops. Ideally, the kitchen colors floor should match well with the overall theme of the room. Read on for suggestions on Matching Kitchen Colors Flooring for contemporary kitchen , country kitchen , and traditional kitchen.
Matching Kitchen Colors Flooring
When Home Remodelers, remodeling your kitchen, how do you match kitchen colors flooring with backsplash and counters while staying within the parameters of a decorative theme? The answer to this question depends on several factors: the style of kitchen that the homeowner favors, the kitchen colors wall paint, appliances, and fixtures, and the type of flooring that provides the homeowner with the best long-term value possible.
Kitchens that are contemporary in style (Contemporary kitchen) may be best suited to a different style and color of flooring than those with a more traditional decor. The following tips on matching kitchen colors floors to countertops, backsplashes, and other elements apply to three distinct remodeling styles.
Contemporary kitchen, designed in an asymmetrical and minimalist style, typically have countertops and backsplashes made of stainless steel, laminate, and other man-made materials. Flooring options for contemporary kitchens include:
- Linoleum flooring, which is cost-effective and available in a range of colors that compliment steel or glass kitchen fixtures.
- Wood flooring, which can be stained to match any style of countertop or backsplash. Pre-finished hardwood floors are a good choice for a sleek and smooth contemporary look.
- Concrete flooring, a distinctive choice that is easy to install, treat, and paint. Concrete flooring can be inexpensively decorated to blend well with a modern kitchen design.
Country kitchen often feature brightly-colored fixtures, decorative-tile backsplashes, and laminate or soapstone countertops. Add to the warm and cheery atmosphere of an English, French, or Tuscan Country kitchen with floor styles such as:
- Wood flooring in a light-colored finish that nicely offsets a patterned backsplash and colorful countertop.
- Linoleum flooring, which can easily be customized to match country style kitchen furnishings (ex: a white-and-blue checked floor with white countertops and a white-and-blue backsplash).
- Laminate flooring, a synthetic, affordable option that can be tailored to resemble wood flooring in a country-style kitchen.
Traditional kitchen are designed to reflect the classic and elegant decorative style of centuries past. This type of kitchen is commonly fitted with laminate or granite countertops and may be designed with floor options such as:
- Wood flooring stained in rich shades such as cherry or mahogany to match with wood cabinets and color-coordinated counters.
- Linoleum flooring designed with an ornate or decorative pattern that suits a traditional theme.
- Ceramic flooring made with durable tiles that can be glazed or textured to blend with a formal-style backplash and countertop.
When asking “How do you matching kitchen colors flooring with backsplash and counters?”, those who are renovating their kitchen space should focus on choosing a style of kitchen colors floor that beautifully accents the surrounding decor. Whether choosing a kitchen colors floor that follows modern trends in home decorating or selecting a more classic style, homeowners have plenty of options available for creating a kitchen that exemplifies a certain theme.