Table of Contents Show
When purchasing kitchen flooring, homeowners should choose a style and color (kitchen colors) that compliments the backsplash and countertops. Ideally, the kitchen colors floor should match well with the overall theme of the room.
Read on for suggestions on Matching Kitchen Colors Flooring for a contemporary kitchen, country kitchen, and traditional kitchen.
Matching Kitchen Colors Flooring with Backsplash and Countertops
When Home Remodelers, remodeling your kitchen, how do you match kitchen colors flooring with backsplash and counters while staying within the parameters of a decorative theme?
The answer to this question depends on several factors: the style of kitchen that the homeowner favors, the kitchen colors wall paint, appliances, and fixtures, and the type of flooring that provides the homeowner with the best long-term value possible.
Kitchens that are contemporary in style (Contemporary kitchen) may be best suited to a different style and color of flooring than those with more traditional decor.
The following tips on matching kitchen colors floors to countertops, backsplashes, and other elements apply to three distinct remodeling styles.
Contemporary kitchen, designed in an asymmetrical and minimalist style, typically have countertops and backsplashes made of stainless steel, laminate, and other man-made materials. Flooring options for contemporary kitchens include:
- Linoleum flooring, which is cost-effective and available in a range of colors that complement steel or glass kitchen fixtures.
- Wood flooring, which can be stained to match any style of countertop or backsplash. Prefinished hardwood floors are a good choice for a sleek and smooth contemporary look.
- Concrete flooring, a distinctive choice that is easy to install, treat, and paint. Concrete flooring can be inexpensively decorated to blend well with a modern kitchen design.
The country kitchen often features brightly-colored fixtures, decorative-tile backsplashes, and laminate or soapstone countertops. Add to the warm and cheery atmosphere of an English, French, or Tuscan Country kitchen with floor styles such as:
- Wood flooring in a light-colored finish that nicely offsets a patterned backsplash and colorful countertop.
- Linoleum flooring, which can easily be customized to match country style kitchen furnishings (ex: a white-and-blue checked floor with white countertops and a white-and-blue backsplash).
- Laminate flooring, a synthetic, affordable option that can be tailored to resemble best wood flooring in a country-style kitchen.
The traditional kitchen is designed to reflect the classic and elegant decorative style of centuries past. This type of kitchen is commonly fitted with laminate or granite countertops and may be designed with floor options such as:
- Wood flooring is stained in rich shades such as cherry or mahogany to match with wood cabinets and color-coordinated counters.
- Linoleum flooring is designed with an ornate or decorative pattern that suits a traditional theme.
- Ceramic flooring is made with durable tiles that can be glazed or textured to blend with a formal-style backsplash and countertop.
Modern kitchen designs started in the early 20th century after World War I. Modern kitchens have simple colors, flat surfaces, angular lines, minimalist features, open spaces, and flush doors. The design must be clean, sleek, relaxing, and entertaining. In addition, bold lines flow without interruption.
The modern kitchen transforms highly functional materials and beautiful colors. Modern kitchens use the latest technology to create a functional and stunning kitchen. Moreover, modern kitchens have angular lines and bold, streamlined colors with minimal patterns. For instance, the backsplash of a modern kitchen is bold single-colored than tiled or patterned.
- Wooden flooring in a lighter tone makes the modern kitchen brighter. Such light-filled visual appeal matches a modern kitchen’s minimalistic features and decorations. Choose natural timber flooring that complements your wood kitchen cabinetry. Herringbone or parquet wood flooring is perfect for a modern kitchen.
- Linoleum flooring is perfect for a busy modern kitchen. It comes in many designs, such as one-color or minimalistic patterns. Homeowners can easily find one that matches their modern kitchen.
- Marble flooring is suitable for large and small modern kitchens. This material is durable, timeless, and beautiful. Complement the marble on kitchen countertops, or pick a contrasting marble design to elevate your modern kitchen.
When asking “How do you match kitchen colors flooring with backsplash and counters?”, those who are renovating their kitchen space should focus on choosing a style of kitchen colors floor that beautifully accents the surrounding decor.
Whether choosing a kitchen colors floor that follows modern trends in home decorating or selecting a more classic style, homeowners have plenty of options available for creating a kitchen that exemplifies a certain theme.