Since the hot summer months are almost here, it will soon be time to run the air conditioner day and night with aircon Auckland. But have you ever wondered if it’s safe to sleep with the air conditioner on?
Even though air conditioning has many benefits, like cleaning the air in your home, it doesn’t seem healthy to spend every day and night in well-cooled rooms. So, is it okay?
No matter what kind of questions you have about your AC, don’t be afraid to trust the best Scottsdale air conditioning repair to give you all the answers and make sure your AC is always in great shape so you can enjoy it the most. Read on to find out if you should sleep with your air conditioner on.
Doesn’t It Hurt To Sleep With The AC On?
In short, scientists and experts seem to agree that it’s pretty safe to leave your air conditioner on at night. Some people even suggest it because the best temperature for sleeping seems to be on the cooler end of the scale.
But there are a few things to keep in mind if you want to make sure you get a good night’s sleep with the AC on. Make sure you do the following to help yourself sleep well without risking your health:
- Choose the right temperature. The National Sleep Foundation says that the best temperature for sleeping is between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clean the filters often. If your filters are dirty, your air conditioner could send dust and germs back into your room.
- Direct the airflow upwards. It’s not a good idea to sleep with cold air blowing directly on you unless you want to catch a cold or wake up all sore.
- Use a timer. Before you go to sleep, set the temperature you want and programme the AC to turn off during the night, when your body will be cool enough for you to sleep well.
Does The Air Conditioner Put You To Sleep?
Experts say that you should sleep in a cooler room because turning down the thermostat can make you feel sleepy and help you sleep better. Why does this keep happening?
As you’ve probably noticed, it’s hard to fall asleep when it’s hot outside. This is because for you to fall asleep, your body temperature needs to drop a few degrees. When you go to sleep in a cooler room, your body cools down faster and it’s easier to fall asleep.
Can I Turn My Air Conditioner On And Leave It On All Night?
Even though we’ve established that falling asleep with the AC on can help you sleep better, leaving it on all night might be bad for your health and sleep cycle. Some of the reasons why are listed below:
- Your body temperature can drop too low. While cooler temperatures make it easier to fall asleep, keeping the thermostat too low for too long can hurt your immune system.
- It can stop your body from making hormones. If you sleep in a room that is too cold, your body won’t be able to make some important hormones that are needed for good health.
- The noise might keep you from sleeping. If your air conditioner is old or not well taken care of, it might make loud noises when it works, which could keep you awake or make your sleep less good without you even realising it.