When choosing a siding for your home, vinyl is your best bet. So much so that it remains one of the most in-demand options on the market, with homeowners across the country choosing it over other materials.
But why the love for vinyl siding? What makes it such an appealing alternative compared to other options that could be more valuable?
We take a more in-depth look into the vinyl siding and why you should buy it for your home.
The Advantages of Vinyl Siding
These following advantages are why vinyl siding is the prime choice for many homeowners:
- Cost-effective in terms of cost per square meter, installation, and maintenance
- Durability and strength; designed to last for 20 years
- Enhances the curb appeal and improves the value of the property
- Massive selection of styles, patterns, and colors
- Low-level maintenance and reduce costly repairs
Now, with that firm foundation, it’s time to look at specific critical things about vinyl siding.
How Much Does It Cost?
On average, the cost of vinyl siding costs roughly between $160 to $250 per square meter, including the labor cost of installation. While this might seem pricey, it is, in fact, cheaper than other siding options, such as cedar siding, metal siding (aluminum), James Hardie siding, and stucco.
Considering the benefits that come with vinyl siding, you can see why it’s a popular choice for people, cost-wise.
Cost-Effective in the Long Term
When you consider the value that is placed upon the product itself, and all its benefits, alongside the minimal maintenance and long-term durability, you can see why this is a practical choice in terms of value. You’ll save money with vinyl siding that you won’t be able to with other siding options.
It Increases Home Value
Due to the protective boundaries that come with vinyl siding, there is no question that it can actually enhance a home’s value.
With such an array of patterns and designs, not only does it improve your home’s curb appeal, but it gives it a boost in terms of overall value as buyers and investors look kindly on it. It is a worthwhile investment that pays off.
Vinyl siding comes in textured or smooth panels, which can be great for those looking to stylize their home in a specific way. There is also a range of colors that can meet individuals’ needs and ensure their homes are transformed into their ideal image.
For those interested in the longevity of colors, the polyvinyl chloride (PVC) that is used in the siding material is resistant to fading and is protective against ultraviolet rays.
Some Key Points When Buying Vinyl Siding
There are a few concerns that come with choosing vinyl that you must be aware of:
- Vinyl siding isn’t for everyone. Just because it has amazing benefits doesn’t mean it will work for your home. You have to like the way it looks on your house.
- Not all vinyl is created equal. There are different ranges of vinyl products that you must choose from, with some being better than others.
- You’ll need a competent, experienced roofing company to handle the installation. Proper installation is at least as important as product quality.
We hope that this little breakdown helps you choose vinyl siding the next time your home needs it.