It is always a debatable topic when discussing to do the interiors of the kitchen, particularly the cabinets. Some in the family suggest something while others condone them, and counter suggests. It becomes challenging to come to a conclusion and ultimately the decoration is delayed.
Hey, are you experiencing the same problems? Are you not sure what to consider and what to ignore?
Things You Should Consider While Choosing Your Kitchen Cabinets
Well, it is time to ponder the following and finally select the kitchen cabinet having a unanimous decision in the family.
Points to Ponder
It should be in your mind that a kitchen is a place where most of the household workload pour in; right from storing, cooking and cleaning. It is a place where fire and water make a strange friendship. The cabinets in the kitchen are that furniture where one can keep the dishes and other bowls and cutleries maintaining the countertops clear.
- In the beginning, the budget should be fixed. It has been seen that the significant share of the budgets for the interior décor of the kitchen is spent on the cabinets. Similar design kitchen cabinet can be made at different prices altering the material.
- It is very popular to have a stained finish for the style and with nickel hardware like the hinges and the knobs and handles.
- Glazing makes the cabinet look beautiful though it adds up the cost.
- The knobs on the drawer are to be fixed a little higher than the centre so that it does not appear off-centre while watching them standing. The drawer of the kitchen cabinet should have wooden sides with the plywood bottom and dovetail joinery to make them secure and carry the load of the cutleries. Over the top style, drawer should be chosen so that the total utilization of it can be made.
- While selecting a kitchen cabinet one can determine the framed design that represents the classy old look or the frameless designs representing the sleek, stylish modern look. However, one should not forget that the kitchen is the part of the house and the design should match the theme of the interior décor of the other places in the home.
- Although many alternatives of wood have come up like the MDF, plywood and even high-quality PVC, it is always pure wood that lasts for a more extended period and gives an elegant look irrespective of the style.
- One should keep in mind that a light-coloured kitchen cabinet increases the brightness of the kitchen and a dark colour like the mahogany increase the aura. It depends upon the place where it should be kept in the kitchen and the size of the cabinet. A high ceiling cabinet can have a combination of both the colours to avoid the monotony. The bottom part can be made dark as it the area which gets maximum dirt and hammering, and the upper part can be light coloured due to less traffic.
- A marble or granite counters top add to the beauty of the kitchen cabinets. But the frame should be sturdy enough to hold to the weight as they are heavy.
- One can also purchase a flat pack kitchen to save on the cost yet get a cabinet of utility that can look beautiful as well as elegant. These are gaining popularity as they are readily available in the market and quite easy to assemble.
The ream home is incomplete without proper furniture at the right places to store materials as well as to display them in style. An elegant looking cabinet in the kitchen swings the mood to happy notes instantly. One should not compromise with them so that the food is perfect in taste keeping the chef happy.