You can use polymer clay to make exciting crafts for kids as well as for adults.
The material is highly versatile and can be easily found at your local craft stores. Kids love polymer clay items, so let’s create some exciting designs for them this Christmas.
You can design handmade jewelry, chic wall art, and sculpting gifts using this material.
It takes practice to work with polymer clay, but the results will be worth the effort.
No matter what design idea you wish to create, always keep a sharp knife, aluminum foil, and an oven ready to use.
Read this blog and find the perfect creation with this outstanding material.
Follow the Steps and Make Your Studs
To make your small earrings with polymer clay,
- Make a clay ball using your favorite color and then form a snake shape about 5 mm thick.
- Cut the clay into small pieces.
- Take the tiniest bit of clay and roll it; it will be the center of your rose earring.
- Take the next part and wrap it around the center of the first piece.
- Repeat the steps with the rose shape until you are satisfied.
- Fold all the edges to get the form of a real rose.
- Pressurize the middle section to get a realistic figure.
- Take a scissor and cut the rose, then flatten it with a sharp knife.
Bake everything but read the instructions first printed on the manual. Take two ear studs rings and a brooch piece. Glaze it up nicely, and you are ready to wear it.
Create Fun Ice Cream Cones for Your Smartphone
Do you wish to decorate your smartphone with polymer clay? Well, here is an exciting idea to make it happen.
You can create fun ice cream crafts and attach them to your smartphone.
- Create a colorful dough. Next, take a thin clay blade to make parallel and diagonal lines. This will create a wafer cone effect.
- Use tan clay and put it in the mold you just made with polymer clay.
- Dust it out with corn starch to avoid sticking the mold. This process will create the perfect waffle cone texture.
- Use a paintbrush to add more shedding.
- Cut the mold into four equal pieces and take a paintbrush or tip of your pen to make the cone shape.
- Once the cones are ready, put them into the oven and bake for about 4 minutes.
- Roll them to a ball and place them on top of the cone.
- Use brush tools to achieve the textures on the scoops.
Smoothen out the top by rubbing your fingers. You are ready to place them on your smartphone in the form of rainbow cones, chocolate chip scones, and ticky-tack cones.
Create A Sailor Moon Bow Necklace
You can design a fantastic Sailor Moon Bow Necklace with polymer clay.
- Take a clean white craft paper and create your moonbow design. Next, take a scissor and cut it outside the black frame. Roll red clay into a ball and place it on a baking paper.
- Put two popsicle sticks and place another baking paper on top. Flatten the entire thing using a bottle as a roller. The thickness of the bow will depend on the sticks you use.
- Take one part of the bow and place it on the clay. Cut out the shape using a cutter and remove the paper. Remove the excess clay and adjust the bow to make it even.
- Repeat the steps to make another bow.
If you wish to make a brooch, cut off a small piece of golden yellowish clay. You will get a large round shape.
Take some eye pins and place them either in the middle or on the edges parallel to the surface. After you finish, bake it.
Read the instructions mentioned in the package for this next step.
Connect each bead with a three-line. Keep everything dry, and then place the eye pins. You can add the chains after the glue dries up.
So, now you have got some fantastic design ideas using polymer clay. Try them on to look your best at a party.
You can also make these exciting shapes for your kids at home.