Want to grow a garden but don’t have any outdoor space?
Don’t panic! Indoor gardening is here to save the day. By taking the soil, seeds, and sunshine indoors you can have the green space of your dreams.
But, creating a group of flourishing plants isn’t easy when you’re inside. It definitely isn’t the natural habitat for vegetation, so you need to be extra careful to make sure your plants survive.
You can use a new technology called grow room monitor to have real-time monitoring of your grow room. But there’s a traditional way as well.
Take a look at our tips on how to grow an indoor garden for more.
Tips for Growing an Herb Garden
If you want to grow a garden indoors, a good place to start is with herbs. These plants take up very little room, are relatively easy to look after, and grow quickly.
They’re also ideal for bringing nature into your kitchen and make for wonderfully flavored food!
Here are some tips for growing your own:
- Choose plant pots that have good drainage and set them on a dish to avoid damp counters
- Make sure you pick the right pots for your herbs
- Water 2-3 times a week, watering slowly to allow time for the soil to absorb the moisture
- Place your herbs in a window to give them plenty of direct sunlight (they need around 6-8 hours a day!)
- Vegetables Garden Overview: Easy Vegetables to Grow In Small Area
- Is It Possible to Grow Vegetables During the Winter Season?
- Green Living: 9 of the Best Indoor Plants for Apartments
- 10 DIY Yard Projects to Beautify Your Outdoor Space
- New to Gardening? 7 Tips to Start the Perfect Garden
- 9 Reasons You Should Start Gardening
- The Vertical Garden Trend
Growing Vegetables Indoors
If you want to grow food indoors, start out with something easy. Here are some great starter vegetables for you to try:
A lot of these (apart from radishes) will need a lot of sunlight so make sure to do your inside gardening near a large window. You should also use soil that’s specifically for gardening indoors.
Grow an Indoor Farm at Home
If you want to grow an indoor farm at home, take inspiration from indoor vertical farming. This clever idea lets you grow more plants in less space by storing them on vertical racks.
They’re also climate controlled, providing the ideal atmosphere to grow your fruit and vegetables.
These are the growing systems of the future. Why not become a part of the movement by starting indoor vertical farming in your home?
How to Grow an Indoor Garden in Your Bathroom
Looking for a quick-fix bathroom makeover? Fill it with plants to create a green jungle. The warm, humid air is great for plants, and they can help soak up the moisture to stop your walls from growing mold.
But, not all plants work well in gardens. Here are some that do to make sure your indoor garden thrives:
- Aloe Vera
- Asparagus Fern
If you don’t have windows if your bathroom, make sure to fit fluorescent bulbs to keep your plants happy and healthy.
Now you know how to grow an indoor garden, there should be nothing holding you back! With the right environment and plenty of care, you can bring nature indoors and creating a beautiful home that’s filled with color.
For more home tips, be sure to take a look at other articles on our blog.