Dreamlandsdesign.com —The quality of our home impacts our thinking and lifestyle directly. Many people consider the renovation as an extra and added cost. However, you will be surprised to know that there are certain renovation ideas which can help you on how to renovate a house with no money or in less than 1000 AED/Dollar/Pounds. Let’s explore them in detail here!
21 Tips on How to Renovate a House With No Money
1. Start with the Front Door
- You need to start with the front door and get it renovated through a quality is driven home builder.
- The front door can be painted but if it is renovated, it will create an impression among the guests and will also increase the resale value of the house at the same time.
- A customized or bespoke model made from quality wood or faux wood can cut costs and also increase the lifespan of the house.
2. Go for Full-Length Curtains
- Full-length curtains are 0.5 mm longer than the normal curtains. However, they create a fantastic and positive atmosphere as compared to a normal curtain.
- It makes perfect sense to opt for these curtains and the color must not be black so that the room remains cool.
3. Kitchen Tiles
- The first thing to change in a kitchen is to change the worktop and opt for tiles. You can go for a smart worktop that does not require much cleaning.
- You can choose laminate to build the worktop (if you don’t want to bother with tile cutting) as it looks very luxurious and yet does not cost much. The tiles created can look striking and give an illusion of a high-cost design. You can also keep windows near the kitchen to keep a positive atmosphere around the house also.
4. Change Your Rug
- You can even opt to get a custom and bespoke rug designed to feel more comfortable and lively.
- Then you can get a rug designed with best textures and finishes. You can choose from any stock or color sample also.
- And you may need to buy a carpet cleaner to get rid of those pet urine stains.
5. Hang Amazing Chic Shutters
- You can instruct a home or house builder to install small shutters for complete privacy. These lights also act as a perfect way to get some light in your house.
- You can add light voile drapes or do away with the simple windows treatment altogether to bring life back to the windows area.
6. Time to Upgrade the Shower
- You can upgrade the shower if the water pressure is low.
- You can do that by installing a pump to increase the pressure along with a thermostatic shower valve to maintain the temperature. Believe me; it will cost less than 500 bucks.
7. Install Alcove Shelving
- The shelves help to tailor-make and fit the content or books in an organized manner.
- You can create your own super-efficient library system.
8. Include Skylight
- The skylight or new flat-room system is a relatively inexpensive manner to bring light to the darkest of areas.
- It again cost less than 500 bucks if you hire a professional home builder.
9. Restore Old Tiles
- If the tiles in your house are old that they are looking bad and losing their functionality also, it’s time to restore the floor to its former glory by opting for high-end cleaning services. Or, you could opt to do the deep clean yourself
10. Sash Windows
- You can opt for sash windows to improve the performance and visibility factor in the house also.
- You can also opt for professional sealing to avoid any noise or dirt. Think it as a 5-star hotel experience!
11. Get a New Sofa for Better Living
- Today, sofas are light-weighted and can make you feel like a VIP. There are many bed shaped sofa also available in the market at good costs.
- You can opt for new upholstery which will cost you only between 300 to 500 bucks.
12. Opt for Smart Appliances
- Many smart appliances like OTG, Chimney, fridge-freezer and other appliances can add to the Wow factor.
- It has a twin cooling system which allows the freezer and refrigerator component to be controlled and cooled independently.
- You can opt for an ice cube dispenser and crusher with a built-in filter. You can also opt for free UK mainland delivery also.
13. Use a Stylish Stair Runner
- You can use a stylish stair runner to update the stairs. These stairs look cool and smart at the same time.
14. Wall Panels
- Wall panels add interest to tasteless rooms and create a more positive atmosphere in the house also.
15. Use Glass Panels
- The high-gloss glass is a perfect and sleek alternative to tiles in the bathroom area. It is very easy to clean and maintain.
- As colored glass can be pricey, so you can take help of a professional home builder or renovation expert to get a panel for 800 bucks or less.
16. Opt for a Fireplace
- You can opt for a cost-effective cast-iron model based fireplace at reasonable prices. You can also opt for installation or maintenance services also.
17. Restore the Period Cornicing
- You can opt for period cornicing which requires sound expertise and lots of patience also.
18. Opt for On-Trend and Creative Carpet
- You can think ice-cream color as a fashionable and positive color.
- Just choose a wool blend for flooring and opt for a durable and soft piece instead of the bulkier one!
19. Concentrate on Lighting
- Yes, changing the lighting is best and cost-effective.
- You can install the LED lights and opt for different color scheme as per the mood of the occasion (party, relax etc.)
20. Paint Your House
- You can paint your house or room depending on the budget. Using blue or red color can re-define the possibilities of positive thinking at the same time.
21. Create an Instant Lawn and Grow Some Vegetables
- Yes, you can contact a lawn provider or a home builder to install a small lawn which can be easily covered also. It is already popular in China and helps to enjoy the home grown food. Though, maintenance may cost you.
- However, it is still a great option keeping the budget in mind and the benefits of a homegrown compact lawn installed near your balcony are limitless as you will consume healthiest of the food items.
Lisa Parker loves pursuing excellence through writing and has a passion for writing. She is covering different fields of writing and her work has been published on various sites related to traveling, shopping, health, mobile phones, and technology peeks & perks.