Table of Contents Show
Floods can be a complete disaster, and at times, when your sewerage system is not that perfect, the water can flow towards the surface, and the most common place to be affected is your basement.
The basement, on the other hand, is the home for many important things which are used in the house.
How Can Sump Pump Battery Backup Help in Drying the Basement?
Sump pumps provide the help in saving your house from the unwanted guest you get in every spring. It is an important step to keep your basement dry when your house is susceptible to flood. But a problem arises when you have the sump pump.
The floods come mostly in springs which makes it come after six months. In the other six months, the sump pump remains unused, and there are chances that it’ll get jammed in a few months. And if it is not working efficiently, it can lead to the dampness in the walls and the moisture which results in mold issues.
There are some problems which can be caused to the sump pumps.
- The power supply can be an issue to the sump pump. The electricity supply to the sump pump can be an issue in the flood hour.
- The issue in float switch can be a problem creator because the float switch activates the pump when the water level touches the float switch it activates the pump, and when the water level drops down, it stops the pump. So, if the float switch has some issue, the pump won’t even start.
- Every machinery has a life until to that extent it works. And if you do not pay proper attention to the maintenance, it will lessen the lifespan of the machine. So, the regular attention towards the machine can save it for longer because if you don’t provide the maintenance to the pump, you won’t realize that destruction until you use it again.
For every problem, there comes a solution, as problems like these. Many solutions like water alarms for the water level issue, Water powered an emergency backup sump pump, secondary sump pump and the
Secondary sump pump with battery backup are available in the market. But the best solution which can provide you with ease and comfort can be battery backup sump pump.
Secondary Sump Pump with Battery Backup
The manufacturer mostly provides with three types of battery backups: right, better, best. With the cost increased according to the quality.
The type of battery backup you should buy depends on the water that is coming to the basement. You should research for the best battery backup using the comparison of Wayne backup pumps.
The primary purpose of battery backup is to power the sump pump with the direct current of the battery. It is activated once the pump stops working.
It comes with a security system that can run up to hours. You can buy a battery backup with the current sump pump, or you can buy the whole pumping system at a reasonable price.
- If there is a scenario of electricity outrage, these backup pumps can give you one or days of edge.
- These pumps come with an alarm when the pump is switched to the battery backup the pump start beeping, so it will show you that the main pump has some issue. And the backup provides you with the time so you can repair the pump.
- It is fully automatic; it does not require any instruction from the external source, other than sump pump stops working. It requires less effort in every manner.
- It has a non-invasive installation; it does not require difficult technicality to place it. All you have to hang the battery backup with the main pump.
- It works without the electricity and water availability unlike water supply back up.
- It can be stopped before the power comes back.
- They need proper maintenance every once in a while.
- It needs to get replaced every five years.
- Cleanliness is essential in any case, so in this one. The terminals of the battery backup require to get cleaned twice in a year.
If the sump pump is a necessity than a battery backup might be the backbone it needs to keep on working. So if the flood is a routine in your area, you should invest in a battery backup, so you don’t have to face any moisture in the house.