The concept of designer kitchens is a much talked about topic. Many old thinkers confuse it with the use of designs by designer architects, while many think it’s about using designer paints, appliances etc. The use of the word design in designer kitchens has a deeper meaning.
Why Would You Even Think of Designer Kitchens
A designer kitchen is about creating a space where you do many of the things like cooking, garnishing, serving food, dining together, chatting with friends and family, entertaining close guests etc. in a cozy and ambient atmosphere.
To fulfill these dreams so that the user of the space may relax, feel good and motivated, cook or eat with contentment, a design is needed to make the basic layout of the kitchen. Based on that design, the kitchen is either made from scratch or remodeled.
What Is the Logical Concept Behind a Designer Kitchen?
The basic concept behind a designer kitchen is to lay out things in an arrangement such that much of the space is utilized without ruining the air flow, light flow, and comfort of movement. Some of the requirements to be kept in mind while planning and building kitchens are as follows:
- The oven, the sink, and the refrigerator should be placed such that they form a triangle. This makes movement between them swift. Also, this facilitates moves, keeps your obstacle -and confusion-free even in the hastiest moments and bears logic in the placement of the utilities.
- There must be a nice countertop to accommodate all the utensils, food ingredients, raw materials and things that you need for a mess-free, comfortable food preparation and arrangement.
- The space for dining must be prominent, where you can sit, relax, chat, and eat. And sometimes, if you have little space, you can manage to fuse the dining zone and the countertop together and make use of it as a joint utility as per convenience.
- There must be enough airflow in the kitchen. The presence of a chimney to get off the fumes and exhaust gases and the presence of enough ventilation make for a roomy kitchen, even in the smallest spaces. This can be brought about with the thoughtful use of plantation shutters or window blinds – which allow air passage. Also, powerful kitchen chimneys, exhaust fans, and other forms of ventilation do help. Use of space-saving kitchen shelves and cabinets with hidden closets help in the making of more room to move around.
- Ambient light is a great factor in illuminating a kitchen, making the space bright and breathable. It also elevates the atmosphere of the kitchen. A normal kitchen may totally look transformed and the shabbiest kitchen may get a great makeover with the use of designer lights. This may need a building of false ceiling and lighting panels, which is the job of a professional kitchen remodeling company or service. And you can really bring amazing changes to the kitchen in this way.
- Finally, the look, position, and space inside the kitchen cabinets, modular drawers, shelves etc. does matter highly in making the kitchen user-friendly and in the true sense a designer kitchen. Hence, you must work in the room or space available within the cabinets and on shelves. Hooks, shelves, fittings etc. with a modern look, highest utility, minimum maintenance, and the longest durability make for a perfect kitchen ambiance – for the user who spends much of the time in this area of the house.
It Tells About Your Taste
When you have a designer kitchen, you can invite in guests not just for the sake of socializing, but also to flaunt your stylish and thoughtfully designed kitchen in front of them. It gives you a sense of achievement, possession, pride, and also exhibits your class and taste. Hence, designer kitchens not only make for your comfort and ease of working, but also suit the class and style of living that choosy people yearn for.