Basements of houses are large spaces under the main structures that may or may not have a special purpose.
They may contain storage rooms, technical booths, small warehouses, etc. And so basement cleaning should be done regularly and on time.
Reasons to clean your basement
Regular cleaning of basements is required for several reasons at once:
Unneeded items, loose containers, and more are often put into unused basements. All of this clutters up space and can cause fires;
Increase usable space
By dismantling the basement and improving it, you can get an extra floor
These are the main reasons why basement cleaning becomes a necessary and important endeavor.
Basement finishing in Bradford claims others, but less obvious, such as rodent settlements.
A basement is a floor whose floor is below ground level. And cleaning in it has several features at once:
- A possible lack of lighting. If the basement is uninhabited, there may be no light – and then you will have to hang lamps, run wires, etc. for cleaning;
- Poor ventilation, lack of comfortable conditions for the long-term stay of people. Stale air, lack of oxygen, too high or too low temperatures make it difficult to wash and clean;
- The complicated layout and the need for very accurate work when it comes to technical rooms.
Cleaning the basement is more difficult than cleaning an apartment. First of all because of the unpreparedness of the floor itself for such work.
It is impossible to clean the basement with bare hands, as well as any other cleaning.
In addition, the list of necessary equipment varies depending on the degree of improvement of the underground floor, its area, and other things.
But usually, the standard set includes:
- A container for unnecessary items, if the basement has not previously been used or used as a storage room;
- Industrial vacuum cleaners to collect large, medium, and small fractions of garbage;
- Scrubbers, if they can maneuver on the basement floor;
- Mops and brushes of various calibers, lengths, and configurations – for cleaning all surfaces: walls, skylights, partitions, stands, and other things that are inside;
- Vaughan quick mold spores removal to prepare the surface for total cleaning,
- Equipment for pressurized water, if the basement is empty and you need to thoroughly clean the walls. Only in advance, you need to cover the floor with polyethylene, and after pumping dirty water outside;
- Lamps and lanterns if there are no lights downstairs;
The list is similar to that required for cleaning in industrial and manufacturing facilities.
Cleaning the basement can take a very long time if it is an unused room, and little if there are people inside all the time and there are active activities.
We will consider the case where the maximum amount of effort needs to go into cleaning.
In this case, the cleaning will look like this:
- All unnecessary things are removed, the basement is cleared of junk;
- If there are moldy areas inside, they are cleaned up and treated with special products, and then wait a few days to continue cleaning;
- Water and soapy solutions under pressure are applied to the walls and ceiling – they wash away all the dust and dirt;
- Using brushes and rags to clean all hard-to-reach places that require careful and attentive approach – boards with wires, partitions, skylights, light fixtures, etc;
- The floor is washed;
- If necessary, space is aired.
This is what basement cleaning looks like in general.