Cleaning the bathroom is always a work of hassle. What makes the place worst is the stubborn soap stains that make cleaning the procedure much harder. However, the steam cleaner makes the whole process easier for you. It uses a powerful jet of steam to lift off all types of stains, grimes, dust, dirt, etc. substances from the floor.
In our today’s article, we will let you know how to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom to sanitize the area quickly. After reading the article, you will be able to clean different parts of the bath easily within the shortest time.
Why Use Steam Cleaner?
The steam cleaners have become one of the most reliable mediums of cleaning for households and businesses. Like the traditional methods of cleaning, the steam cleaner cannot cause any harm to your floor.
Instead, it clean and sanitize the floor amazingly. Another excellent benefit of the steam cleaner is they are entirely safe for the environment and your family and pets. It uses the energy of steam to wash the floors instead of the harsh chemicals which are harmful to the environment.
The steam cleaner can be used on almost all types of floors. More so, you can use it for cleaning a variety of applications, including bathroom, grout, tiles, countertop, kitchen applications, and so on.
It can also help you eliminate the pet odors and allergens from the house. As high-temperature steam is used, the device can make your home new again, along with removing the virus, germs, and molds.
How to Use a Steam Cleaner in the Bathroom
Below, we will let you know how to utilize the steam cleaner to clean different parts of your bathroom. You should go for a portable steam cleaner to work flexibly. Let’s start by learning how to clean the bathroom bowl and underneath the rim.
Cleaning the Toilet Bowl and Underneath the Rim
Follow the below steps for cleaning the bathroom bowl and underneath the rim.
- Attach the suitable nozzle attachment with the hose of the steam cleaner.
- Fill the water reservoir of the device. Then turn on the steam cleaner and set the temperature to high.
- Now, wait a while so that the device turns the water into steam for the cleaning procedure.
- Start cleaning the bowl and underneath with high-pressure of the steam. Target the stains to lift them off.
- Then target the hinges and edges of the toilet seat to lift off the rust and other substances. After covering the whole area, flush the toilet to drain the stains, rust, and remain.
- Repeat the procedure if there are still stains and molds in the bowl or rim. You can sprinkle some vinegar for a thorough clean.
- Use a microfiber towel to get rid of the excess water. You will end up with a clean, dry, sanitized, and shiny bathroom.
Cleaning the Shower Curtains
Shower curtains can grow grime and slime from the shower foam. These things can hamper the beautiful look of the shower curtains. The steam cleaner can help you to clean the shower curtains effectively.
However, if the shower curtain is made of plastic, then never use the device as it can damage the surface. The steam cleaner is safe from the other materials.
Follow the below procedure for cleaning the shower curtains utilizing the steam cleaner.
- Turn on the garment steamer and fill the reservoir tank with water. Wait a while to warm the water.
- Spread the whole shower curtains in the road. Apply the steam on the surface of the curtain from six inches away. Cover the entire curtain following the way.
- Now wipe the excess water using a microfiber cloth. It will also help to remove loose dirt and grime from the curtain.
Cleaning the Sinks and Faucets
The sink and faucets attract the dirt from the regular uses. The accumulated dirt may bond a brown ring around the sink and faucets. You can easily make the sinks and faucets like new using a high-power steam cleaner.
Here is how you will do it:
- Attach the right brush attachment with the nozzle of the steam cleaner. Then fill the water reservoir and turn on the device.
- Put the device on high power and start scrubbing the sink with the brush of the cleaner. Cover the whole area, including the gaps and seams.
- Then slash fresh water on the faucet and sink to remove the loose grime and dirt.
- Use a microfiber cloth like before to get rid of the excess water. The sink should become sanitized and look like new after the procedure.
Cleaning the Bathroom Floor
The bathroom floor accommodates the hard to clean mold, grimes, and limescale. Removing them using the usual procedure is pretty hard. A powerful steam mop can help you to clean and sanitize the bathroom floor effectively.
Here is how you will do it:
- Make the steam mop ready by attaching the suitable mop pads and filling the reservoir.
- Start from one end of the floor and gradually cover the whole area. Then clean the entire floor with plain water.
- If there are still molds and grimes on the floor, then use the brush attachments to scrub them. You should end up with a thoroughly cleaned and sanitized floor.
Cleaning the Doors and Walls
The doors and walls of the bathroom are the least cleaned part. If left uncleaned, they can hamper the beautiful appearance of the floor as well as accumulate molds and soap stains.
Follow the below procedure for cleaning the door and walls of the bathroom using the steam cleaner:
- Prepare the steam cleaner as before. Put suitable attachment for the wall.
- Run the steam cleaner through the floor on high power. It should lift off the mold, soap stains, scums, and water spots.
- Use a microfiber cloth to remove the loosen dirt, scums, and molds.
- If required, use the steam cleaner again with microfiber attachment for a better finish.
While cleaning the door, make sure that you are using low or medium heat. If the door is made of plastic, then you shouldn’t use it steam cleaner on it.
A steam cleaner is a magical machine that can make your cleaning sessions easier and smoother. By utilizing the right attachment, you can use the device for a variety of cleaning applications. Hopefully, the above instructions will be helpful to clean different parts of your bathroom easy and quick.