Table of Contents Hide
You can transform any room immediately with a premium rug. Rugs can change a room’s look and feel; however, they also offer a variety of practical benefits like noise removal and home warming.
Homes no longer come with carpeting, so many families who relocate into a new house think about purchasing rugs for their flooring. It’s simple to believe that choosing rugs for your home is only a matter of decoration when attempting to determine whether to buy one or two.
Several benefits come with rugs. However, rugs are sometimes very expensive, and you should always prefer Rugs for sale while buying them.
Why are Rugs for Sale Expensive?
You may have seen expensive area rugs while rug shopping and have been confused by the factors contributing to their high price. Here are some reasons why Rugs for sale have high pricing.
1. The Materials
The rug’s material composition is one of the most important aspects that affect what is written on the MRP tag. The material impacts the rug’s lifetime, durability, and washing ease—three rather significant elements that affect how much rugs expense.
- Wool: Among the most popular materials for rug weaving is wool. It is strong, resilient, and naturally renewable. You can use a woolen rug virtually all your life without worrying about the color or design deteriorating. Wool carpets are far more comfortable to walk on than synthetic ones because of their extremely velvety feel.
- Silk: Silk rugs, another natural material that is second only to wool in terms of toughness and richness, have long been sought after. Famous Persian or Oriental rugs are typically crafted from silk or a wool and silk blend.
Why is silk so expensive for rugs? This is because they have the smoothest texture that exudes elegance from every inch. To keep them feeling and appearing brand new, they need to be cleaned by professionals using only professional techniques.
Because of their high level of luxury, these rugs are inappropriate for rooms that frequently host children, animals, or heavy foot traffic.
- Jute and hemp: These materials are included in rugs frequently in mixtures and are the less expensive choices in the natural fiber category. They are created for busy homes and areas with high traffic.
They are less expensive than both wool and silk counterparts and are frequently used to create dhurries or flat weave rugs. So, choose a dhurrie made of jute and hemp instead of spending money on pricey area rugs.
- Nylon: Nylon is a strong, adaptable synthetic fiber that can be used in place of more expensive natural fibers. It can withstand heavy foot traffic and is suitable for both children and pets.
However, it also has drawbacks. Because of its high-water absorption capacity, a spill could potentially destroy your nylon carpeting.
- Polyester: A synthetic fabric that is less expensive than nylon and is stain-resistant and less sensitive to spills. Polyester rugs, however, are unquestionably less resilient and have a very limited life. The rugs break down considerably more quickly and easily as a result of the loose fibers.
2. The Methods
We are all aware that handcrafted items need more time, effort, and talent than mass-produced, machine-made items. Rugs are no different in this regard.
The most expensive rugs are those that are hand-knotted, which are manufactured by threading each knot separately on a loom that is specifically made for the purpose.
Then there is the hand-tufted variety, which is created partly by hand and partly with a machine. Compared to handcraft rugs can only be created by extremely talented master artisans and weavers and take less time and skill.
3. Design and Patterns
When you invest in a hand-knotted rug with something like a high knot density, you can purchase exclusive, unusual designs that aren’t attainable with less expensive carpets with lower knot intensity.
Some of the key factors that contribute to rugs’ high prices include the design’s uniqueness and the colors used. If you are considering a vintage rug, you are not simply considering a rug; you are considering a work of art that bears the marks of history and cultural elements that are visible in the designs.
It makes sense why some individuals spend thousands of dollars at auctions to purchase it as a family treasure that serves as the central focus of their houses.
When purchasing pricey area rugs, it is essential to inquire about the production processes used to create the rug in addition to the patterns, style, and material.
A certified rug guarantees that all those involved in the production process are paid fairly and are treated decently. Rugs for sale are better to be expensive as they have to give a proper look with elegance to your house and your style.