Even though it is not yet Halloween, but you can still have a spook-fest weekend at home whilst following all the SOPs and shielding from the horror that is the virus.
The internet is full of paranormal and supernatural movies but not all of them are worth watching.
Sure, we have the ever so famous Ed and Lorraine Annabelle and The Conjuring series, but other than these well-directed, based on true stories documentaries, there are many gems to watch.
Based on what type of horror fanatic you are, we have the perfect watches for you, but before we get to the movies, it is important to mention that you will need a high-speed internet service to stream the following films seamlessly.
Therefore, if you are looking for a reputable internet provider, we highly recommend Charter Spectrum because this particular company provides incredible internet speeds with unlimited internet data.
Moreover, Spectrum Customer Service is available 24/7 round the clock for your assistance, should something go wrong with your connection.
With that said, let us discuss the top horror films that you can enjoy with your friends and family.
If You Are into Bloodshed Horror
Definitely not for the faint-hearted, bloodshed horror refers to proper gore movies with ruthless killing and a lot of gruesome scenes that may make people vomit or worse, faint.
These movies are usually PG-rated and should not be seen as the experience can be traumatic and can last a lifetime, unless of course, you are into that sort of stuff, and you do not have the threshold of a teddy bear.
- Requiem of a Dream (very disturbing)
- Saw Series (lots of slashing)
- A Serbian Film (Horror but for adults)
- Cannibal Holocaust (Lots of humans eating humans)
- Hostel (slaughter)
- Ichi The Killer (Psychologically disturbing)
- The Human Centipede Series (A lunatic joining humans)
- I Spit On Your Grave Series (Brutal killing)
- Old Boy (Inflicting pain)
- Chopping Mall (Teenagers being chased by flesh-eating robots)
- Cabin Fever (a deadly virus – not the coronavirus, though)
If You Are into Demonic Horror
Yes, we have ghosts, ghouls, witches, and vampires, but demons and their satanic activities are a whole new level of horror.
These movies are not only spine-chilling but they leave one with nightmares. Either in the shape of a stuffed toy, a stranger, or a loved one, these demonic movies are truly going to play with your mind.
- The Conjuring Series (The demonologists’ actual experiences)
- Hereditary (Slow and disturbing)
- The Possession (Yikes!)
- Annabelle Comes Home (A demon in a doll)
- Sinister (Possessed father)
- Deliver Us From the Devil (Satanic rituals)
- The Taking of Deborah Logan (An old woman possessed by the devil)
- The Rite (From not believing in demons to exorcising one)
- The Devil Inside (Catholic horror)
- Drag Me to Hell (Possession from hell)
- Rosemary’s Baby (Satanic cult)
If You Are into ‘Based on True Stories’ Type Horror
This is the best type of horror there is because it tricks the mind into thinking that if it could happen to Tom and Sarah, it can currently happen to us.
Jokes aside, these movies are based on true incidents recorded in history and can be read up online. From 3 am fires and mysterious disappearances to unexplainable possessions and hauntings – you are in for a boo treat.
- The Amityville Horror (On a haunted house)
- The Exorcism of Emily Rose (The taking of a religious girl by multiple demons)
- The Haunting in Connecticut (A male being possessed)
- The Quiet Ones (Truly disturbing)
- The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It (To be released, but based on a troublesome and famous court hearing of a man who blamed it on the devil)
- My Friend Dahmer (On a serial killer)
- The Exorcist (Based on the book The Demonologist, which is based on real events)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Bloodshed that painted history red)
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (People who died in their sleep)
- Deranged (a classic based on a notorious serial killer)
- Borderland (Human sacrifice)
If You Are into Animated and Light Horror
This does not mean that you get scared easily, it just means that you enjoy horror with other genres, such as romance, animation, and comedy. You like to keep things balanced. These movies can also be enjoyed with the family.
- Coraline (animated)
- ParaNorman (animated)
- Monster House (animated)
- FrankenWeenie (animated)
- Monster Family (animated)
- The Addams Family (animated)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (animated)
- Hocus Pocus (light)
- The Haunted Mansion (light)
- Halloweentown (light)
- Twitches (light)
If You Are into International Horror
We all know that Japanese and Korean horrors are blood-curling, goosebumps-giving creations that we just cannot miss.
It all started with The Ring and we have not looked back since. Here are some great international movies that will scare you even without the subtitles on.
- Under the Shadow (Iran-Iraq wartime period, jinn infested apartment)
- The Temple (Thailand travelers find themselves cursed)
- Veronica (A Spanish girl who plays with an Ouija board)
- A Tale of Two Sisters (Demonic Korean twins)
- Train to Busan (South Korean zombie horror)
- Goodnight Mommy (Based on a surgery that took place in Austria)
- The Grudge (A crawling witch, need we say more?)
- Suspiria (Italian horror from the 1970s)
- The Wailing (Korean horror, not to be missed)
- Cinderella (Not the one with the prince charming)
- Dark Water (Japanese horror at its best)
These are the best horror movies to watch on the internet right now. Make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection before you start streaming the aforementioned films.